Located along the Mississippi River just upriver of the Crescent City Connection and Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The plant was constructed in 1905 and shut down in 1973. In early 2007, Entergy New Orleans sold the plant and surrounding property to Market Street Properties LLC for $10 million. Current plans are to redevelop the plant for public use, which may correspond with elements of the Riverfront Vision 2005 Plan. Residential development is planned for the surrounding area.